« Home | Srirangam » | The "Other" India » | Chennai - As I see it » | Night Shots » | Guadalupe River and Pedernales River » | Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern » | My Almamater » | Zilker Park, Austin » | An evening walk through my apartment complex » | Attention D50 users » 

Monday, July 24, 2006 

Karnataka

I travelled in the western ghat section of Karnataka and the scenary was breathtaking. These hills are without tourists and hence, its not been messed with yet. Truly brilliant scenary...some shots that I managed to take when I got a chance.

vice nice place.. looks really cool..i think it was foggy or the pics are one stop over exposed... the sky looks washed out.. but thats ok.. the greeen is very refreshing :) enzoooi madi krishna...

Thanks anand... In most pics where the fog is causing the sky to kinda wash out, I had metered the neutral green that I want to be perfectly exposed. To make the green brighter, I had opened up one stop, resulting in the effect that you are talking about. :). But yeah, it was very very foggy.

The Greenery is very luscious and breath-taking!!!

2nd one is just amazing!

Was it F8-9??

Try saturating your nature shots a bit more. Will bring out the intensity of the greens especially!

Good work though!

@Anon...Thanks for the comment...it was much better seeing it live..I haven't done justice to the scenary, really.

@Meera... Thanks. The second shot is pretty shallow depth of field actually...All I wanted in focus was the small wall on the thirds..composition is a bit off..but it gives a good feel to the pic though.


I didn't shoot RAW and in JPEG, I lose detail if I over saturate it. So, I saturated as far as I could and added a deep yellow filter, that adds on to the greenery . some shots, I actually altered exposure to give a different feel. Like the last one where there are zones of trees as far as you could see and the fog blending in. :).

Hi Krishnaa,

I have been to your blog long time before, I guess it's through anand, simply superb pics krishnaa, I love the srirangam pics. u rock. keep them coming.

Post a Comment