« Home | Guadalupe River and Pedernales River » | Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern » | My Almamater » | Zilker Park, Austin » | An evening walk through my apartment complex » | Attention D50 users » | What do I think about Nikon D50? » | Green Belt, Austin » | Trailers » | Preface » 

Sunday, June 18, 2006 

Night Shots

Coupla days backs, I was looking out of my balcony and the sky looked surreal. The clouds were kinda hazy. It was already dark, but somehow the clouds were still visible and was remarkably bright too. My apartment overlooks the Austin Green Belt. With the trees and the clouds, the whole scene was great. I picked up my camera and the tripod, and took a few snaps. The only effects that I have added is sharpening and making it warmer. Please visit the flickr page for this set for exif details.


Flickr page for this set


nice shots krishna... 20 sec exposure is too much :) good experiment.. i felt if u had set the aperture to a very small like f/22 the exposure would have been still better.. try it out sometime ..

u may try the AP mode and set this aperture and see.. This looks real good.. enjoy experimentation :)

Anand, Thanks for the comments. I intentionally want to prolong the exposure so that the forms appear hazy. Hence, I set my ISO to 200 and aperture around the f/8. Its the same technique that we use shooting waterfalls, to make them look hazy. If it were a f/22, then I would have have to use the bulb setting in my camera and prolong my exposure. I dont get what you mean by exposure being better at f/22.:(.can yo expplain a little more?? Also, I dont know if I would be able to open up one stop, when I set the aperture to f/22. Here, I metered the cloud and opened up one stop to make it more lighter/brighter. I will try using AP mode soon. From what I see in your shots, I am sure the mode works great.:)

Interesting experiment, Krishna. The pics do have a certain mood and the sky has come out great.

Post a Comment